It’s easy to get distracted by all the gorgeous designs and new colours but do teething products really help?
The teething stage is a very important part of babies physical development but also their emotional development. How they develop coping mechanisms and learn to comfort themselves.
So what’s going on… technically speaking babies can begin teething from 3 months to 36 months, technically speaking each tooth (or pair of teeth) should only cause trouble 5 days before ‘eruption’ and 3 days after. That’s what the books tell us, but us mums who have been through it know it isn’t always so smooth or predictable.
During this time gums are hot and swollen, they can start chewing and biting, become frustrated and even develop a temperature.
How can we help? Aside from round the clock cuddles…. teething products help baby to self sooth as well as providing comfort.
- Multiple teething surfaces offer different kinds of relief from; silicone, to wood, to muslin.
- Place silicone teethers in the fridge for up to 30 minutes before giving to little one to cool gums.
- Teething rattles provide stimulation and support fine motor skills.
- Dummy clips keep little ones soother near by.
- Teething Necklaces keep biting where it should be whilst your snuggling keeping them entertained while feeding to save your nipples.
- Keep a muslin to hand for extra dribble and prevent irritation.
Last but certainly not least dribble mouths tend to come with sore bums, sudocrean for the win!
Happy teething x